Thursday, February 11, 2010

betterstrangerdays.

i walked home.
heavy hearted
tired
...still wrapped up over the 'incident' from the boy.
i must have looked like i was about to cry.
i was trying not to cry.

a boy came up to me
reaches for me shoulders
and hands me a chocolate bar.
.
.
.
happy valentine's day- he smiled
i blinked and forced a smile.

'thank you'

i walked on.
and looked down at my newly acquired chocolate bar.

in those moments when you feel most unloved
it IS a miracle that a stranger can step up
and take away that pain
even for a moment.

perhaps thousands of chocolates were handed out today
to those lucky enough to pass him by.
but i'd like to think that my chocolate was my little miracle of the day

on a note attached to the chocolate were the words ' God loves you'
i don't believe in God.
but it feels good
to know that someone loves you.
no matter what.

to know that someone out there
took the time out
to hand out free chocolates
for all us lost souls.


No comments: